Travel insurance cover for Covid-19
Updated: 3rd January 2023
Our insurance will cover you to travel provided the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is not advising against all, or all but essential travel to your destination.
Cover for Covid-19 is included on all policies, here are the details:
If you contract Covid-19 abroad our policies provide the following cover:
- Emergency medical treatment and repatriation, when medically necessary, if you contract Covid-19 whilst abroad.
- Cover for additional accommodation & transport costs (limits apply) if you are unable to return home due to contracting Covid-19 and being told to self-isolate abroad.
If you contract Covid-19 before you travel, our policies provide cancellation in the following circumstances:
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a travel companion catch Covid-19 within 14 days of your trip starting.
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a household member have to self-isolate at home due to Covid-19.
- if you, anyone insured on the policy, or a family member are hospitalised or die due to Covid-19.
Our policies will not provide any cover if:
- You travel to a destination where the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) is advising against all, or all but essential travel.
Our policies do not provide cover for:
- Cancellation caused by a change to FCDO or government travel advice, other than as a result of fire, earthquake, storm, flood, riot or civil unrest.
- Cancellation if your travel provider cancels or postpones your trip.
- Denied entry to the country or territory you are travelling to.
Check the latest information:
Government COVID-19 travel advice
Check the latest advice for travel and Covid-19
FCDO advice for your destination
Find out whether the FCDO is advising against travel for your destination, as well as the rules and restrictions when you arrive, including entry requirements.