Frequently Asked Questions
- What cover is available under my policy in relation to Coronavirus or FCDO change in advice?
For full details about our travel insurance policies and Coronavirus/Covid19 please see our dedicated page:
- Will my travel insurance valid after Brexit?
Any policy already issued for travel post-Brexit will remain in place and cover will continue as per the contract at the time of sale.- If a you are abroad, we will automatically extend your cover with no additional premium
We also understand that many people will be abroad in EEA countries over the Brexit period and again, we want to reassure you that cover will continue. In the unlikely event that no deal is made and air traffic is grounded, or there are any other interruptions to travel, our stance is as follows for all policy holders:
- If you have a policy in place and are unable to travel, we will offer a refund or the option to change your travel dates within the usual terms of a policy
- Can I contact YourTravelCover by telephone?
- Your Cover Ltd is dedicated to keeping your insurance costs to a minimum.
You can only buy insurance from Your Cover Ltd online. We don't have huge and expensive call centres. The savings we make by keeping lean and mean are passed on to you by way of cheaper premiums with the added benefit that you don't have to waste valuable time listening to background music whilst waiting in telephone queues!
- When and how will I receive my Policy Documents?
- Your policy documents will be e-mailed to you once you have completed your application. They usually arrive in your Inbox within a few minutes, but at busy times you should allow up to 24 hours.
TIP - if you haven't received your policy documents within 24 hours - check your Junk Mail inbox - there is a chance that your junk mail filters may have inadvertently sent these important documents to Junk Mail. This doesn't happen very often but it can happen!
- I have a pre-existing medical condition. Will this be covered under my YourTravelCover Policy?
- Our silver, gold and platinum policies can all cover existing medical conditions. You will need to declare your medical conditions to us in order for them to be covered.
- I do not live in the UK and or I am not a resident of the UK - can I get cover with YourTravelCover?
- No. YourTravelCover can only cover residents of the United Kingdom
You must have resided within the United Kingdom for no less than 6 months, have a permanent United Kingdom Address and be registered with a United Kingdom General Practitioner.
- What if I want to cancel my policy?
- If you change your mind or your travel plans change and so long as you have not traveled or made a claim, you have a 14 day period from when you take out the policy to cancel the policy and obtain a full refund of the premium.
E-Mail Your Travel Cover at email@example.com, confirming that you wish to cancel your policy and provide the following information:
Date you purchased the policy
Your reason for cancellation
Your confirmation that you have not travelled since your purchased the policy
Your conformation that you have not claimed or do not intend to claim under the policy
And a contact telephone number
Remember, we guarantee to respond within 24 hours for queries received Monday (excluding bank holidays) to Thursday and by midnight Monday (excluding bank holidays) for queries received Friday to Sunday.
- Do I need to take my travel insurance policy with me when I travel?
- Yes, definitely, absolutely.
Your policy contains critical information on things like what to do in the case of a medical emergency abroad, it gives you the full details on what you are covered for and what you are not covered for.
- How do I make an amendment to a Policy I have already purchased?
- E-Mail Your Travel Cover at firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that you wish to amend your policy and provide the following information (remember amendments made to the policy after 14 days are subject to an administration charge):
Date you purchased the policy
The amendments you wish to make
Remember, we guarantee to respond within 24 hours for queries received Monday (excluding band holidays) to Thursday and by midnight Monday (excluding bank holidays) for queries received Friday to Sunday.
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - Can couples travel independently?
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - Can children travel independently?
- No. Children must always be accompanied by a named insured adult on the policy.
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - How many days can each trip be and is there a maximum number of trips/days I can take in a year?
- Each trip must be for a maximum of 31 days, but there is no limit on the number of trips you can take.
- Am I covered when I am pregnant?
Travelling When Pregnant -
Pregnancy and Childbirth are not considered to be medical conditions.
Our policies are designed to include cover under the Cancellation section (Policy A Section 1), Curtailment section (Policy B Section 1) and Medical and Repatriations Expenses section (Policy B Section 4) for Pregnancy and Childbirth from week 0 to week 28 inclusive for a single pregnancy, or week 0 to week 24 inclusive for a multiple pregnancy, whilst you are away.
From the start of week 29 and up until week 40 for a single pregnancy, or the start of week 25 and up until week 40 for a multiple pregnancy, cover is only provided under the Cancellation section (Policy A Section 1), Curtailment section (Policy B Section 1) and Medical and Repatriations Expenses section (Policy B Section 4) if any of the following complications arise: Toxaemia, Gestational hypertension, Ectopic pregnancy, Post-partum haemorrhage, Pre-eclampsia, Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole, Retained placenta membrane, Placental abruption, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Placenta praevia, Stillbirth, Miscarriage, medically necessary Emergency Caesarean, A termination needed for medical reasons, Premature birth more than 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date.
The policy will not cover any claims relating to normal pregnancy or normal childbirth.
Please note we will not cover denial of boarding by your carrier, so you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance.
It is essential, if at the time of booking your trip you are aware that you are pregnant, that you ensure that you are able to have the required vaccinations for that trip; no cover will be provided for cancellation in the event that, after booking you discover travel is advised against, or you are unable to receive the appropriate and required vaccinations for that country.
Please make sure your Medical Practitioner and Midwife are aware of your travel plans, and that there are no known complications and you are fit to undertake the planned trip