Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I contact YourTravelCover by telephone?
- Your Cover Ltd is dedicated to keeping your insurance costs to a minimum.
You can only buy insurance from Your Cover Ltd online. We don't have huge and expensive call centres. The savings we make by keeping lean and mean are passed on to you by way of cheaper premiums with the added benefit that you don't have to waste valuable time listening to background music whilst waiting in telephone queues!
- When and how will I receive my Policy Documents?
- Your policy documents will be e-mailed to you once you have completed your application. They usually arrive in your Inbox within a few minutes, but at busy times you should allow up to 24 hours.
TIP - if you haven't received your policy documents within 24 hours - check your Junk Mail inbox - there is a chance that your junk mail filters may have inadvertently sent these important documents to Junk Mail. This doesn't happen very often but it can happen!
- I have a pre-existing medical condition. Will this be covered under my YourTravelCover Policy?
- Our silver, gold and platinum policies can all cover existing medical conditions. You will need to declare your medical conditions to us in order for them to be covered.
- I do not live in the UK and or I am not a resident of the UK - can I get cover with YourTravelCover?
- No. YourTravelCover can only cover residents of the United Kingdom
You must have resided within the United Kingdom for no less than 6 months, have a permanent United Kingdom Address and be registered with a United Kingdom General Practitioner.
- What if I want to cancel my policy?
- If you change your mind or your travel plans change and so long as you have not traveled or made a claim, you have a 14 day period from when you take out the policy to cancel the policy and obtain a full refund of the premium.
E-Mail Your Travel Cover at email@example.com, confirming that you wish to cancel your policy and provide the following information:
Date you purchased the policy
Your reason for cancellation
Your confirmation that you have not travelled since your purchased the policy
Your conformation that you have not claimed or do not intend to claim under the policy
And a contact telephone number
Remember, we guarantee to respond within 24 hours for queries received Monday (excluding bank holidays) to Thursday and by midnight Monday (excluding bank holidays) for queries received Friday to Sunday.
- Do I need to take my travel insurance policy with me when I travel?
- Yes, definitely, absolutely.
Your policy contains critical information on things like what to do in the case of a medical emergency abroad, it gives you the full details on what you are covered for and what you are not covered for.
- How do I make an amendment to a Policy I have already purchased?
- E-Mail Your Travel Cover at firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that you wish to amend your policy and provide the following information (remember amendments made to the policy after 14 days are subject to an administration charge):
Date you purchased the policy
The amendments you wish to make
Remember, we guarantee to respond within 24 hours for queries received Monday (excluding band holidays) to Thursday and by midnight Monday (excluding bank holidays) for queries received Friday to Sunday.
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - Can couples travel independently?
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - Can children travel independently?
- No. Children must always be accompanied by a named insured adult on the policy.
- Annual Multi Trip Policies - How many days can each trip be and is there a maximum number of trips/days I can take in a year?
- Each trip must be for a maximum of 31 days, but there is no limit on the number of trips you can take.
- Am I covered when I am pregnant?
- There are terms and conditions relating to pregnancy under the policy. The main exclusions are:
Under the Cancellation or Curtailment and Medical Expenses Sections we will not cover claims arising from pregnancy where you are more than 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant for a single pregnancy and 32 weeks and 6 days for a multiple pregnancy.
Under the Personal Accident Section claims arising from pregnancy are excluded.